Wednesday, January 21, 2015

So It's Been A While...

And by a while, I mean exactly 2 years to the date. Gah! So let's take a look at some stuff I've been working on. Mostly Malifaux.

Here are some pics from Adepticon 2014. I played in the Malifaux Masters tournament with an Arcanist crew. I didn't place, but it was fun to play with a variety of folks from around the U.S.!



This Fall, I started working on a special character for Malifaux called The Carver. Here are a couple of WIP shots:



It's been a fun character piece to paint, which is one of the things I really like about Malifaux.

And here are some of the most recent things I've been working on, Von Schill's Freikorps. Essentially the biggest, baddest mercenary force in Malifaux.



Above is Hannah's mechanized suit. I did a little bit of converting with the pipes and tubing off the central body and the boiler. Below is Hannah temporarily tacked into place to get an idea of positioning. 

Yeah, she's the librarian. Seriously.

Here is the Steam Trunk. It's notoriously fiddly to get assembled, particularly the top of the trunk and the tracks on both sides. Instead of posing mine with the lid barely open, I wanted to show off all the detail inside of it, and since the Freikorps are a mercenary force, I figured they'd know all about bad guys on the lam.




 Finally, we've got the man himself, Von Schill. At this point, I've done some basic work on the fatigues, and I need to get his armor and weapons, leather, flesh and hair finalized.



This isn't by far anywhere close to ALL the stuff I've been working on, but I wanted to at least take a small step toward getting back in the habit of posting fun gaming stuff. As usual, comments, questions, and critiques are welcome!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment