Wednesday, January 19, 2011

electralux in the 41st millennium?

the advance orders for the blood angel stormraven gunship went live today.

as far as i'm concerned the jury is still out on this one.  personally, i think it looks like someone added wings to a vacuum cleaner, but blocky is the style for space marines.


 
regardless, gw is getting really good at these second wave releases.

now if only they could perfect their pricing...

+edit/update+

thanks to xenite for his link to this image:
which correctly identifies the aerodynamic inspiration for pretty much all space marine vehicles.  of course, any suitably inebriated rocket scientist will inform you that even a brick will fly provided you strap enough engines to it...


all images property of games workshop except for that last one which is all xenite, baby!

1 comment:

  1. OK, so I have been breaking my teeth on bitching about the bricks that spazmarieenz fly around in for years (http://www.ahschmidt.com/images/thundhawkhurr.jpg), and I think that GW has finally broken me. My brain says 'that is retarded' looking, but I hear my mouth saying 'its ok' I think that I have simply become numb to design style of aircraft in the 41st millennium. Whatevs. I don't play 40k, so it all comes out in the wash. I still think terminators are cool. Can I field an army of those?

    ReplyDelete