Thursday, June 10, 2010

Furioso Update

been doing some painting on the furioso dreadnoughts.  as you can see i got the second one built, and most of the effort has been in priming and washing with some basecoating and blockcoloring. 

i used the army painter red spray primer to start with, and after achieving a nice even coat, i let it dry and cure for about 24 to 36 hours.  after that i applied a 50/50 wash of games workshop's badab black and devlan mud.

once the wash was dry i began working the red with vallejo's blood red.  the metal is a base of vallejo's tinny tin.  the front armor plates and the legs are tinny tin with a thinner than usual coat of gunmetal over it (i like the depth that thin layers of metallics create).  the blood talons are mordian blue.

more work forthcoming soon!  please feel free to comment and if you've got questions, i've got answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment